Turning on / off your phone
- To turn it on, press and hold down the red key until the screen lights up. The Inmarsat logo will appear, followed by the main screen. To turn it off, press and hold the red key until the screen light turns off.
- If prompted to enter a PIN, enter the PIN code. The PIN is originally set by your service provider.
- Stand outside and be at the best clear of the sky. No trees or buildings obstruct the view.
- Searching satellite will appear on the screen. When your phone is connected to the satellite, the screen will display “Ready for service”.
Calling from the satellite phone
- Enter the full phone number by dialing either “+” (hold down the 0 key for 3 seconds) or 00 > country code > area code (without the leading 0) > telephone number.
For example 00-44-162-112-3456 or +44-1621-123456. No dashes or spaces. Then press the green key. To end the call, press the red key.
- To make a call from saved contacts, select “Menu” > “Contacts” > “Phonebook”.
Answering a call
- When your phone rings, press the green key. Remember, to receive a call, you must be connected to the satellite with the phone antenna pointing upwards.
- If you have a new voicemail, the voicemail icon will appear in the status bar at the top of the main screen. You can press and hold the “1” key for a few seconds. You will then automatically be connected to your voicemail account.
- You can also dial the short code 570 and press the green key or the full international number 00 870 772 001 899 or +870 772 001 899 and press the green key. Follow the spoken instructions.
Creating and sending a text message
- Select “Menu” > “Messaging” > “New Messaging” > “Text Message”. A blank screen will appear.
- Compose your message. Enter the recipient’s full international number on the “To:” field. If the number is already stored in yourContacts select “Options” > “Add Recipient” and select the name of on the list.
- When you have finished adding recipients, select “Options” > “Send”
Creating a text message for sending to an email address
- Select “Menu” > “Messaging” > “New Message” > “Email message”
- Instead of displaying your name to the recipient, the message will display your details in the following format, From : your phone firstname.lastname@example.org. For example : email@example.com
- To activate Bluetooth connectivity select Menu > Settings > Bluetooth. Select Settings > Bluetooth and select On. The Bluetooth icon indicator appears in the status bar.
Setting date and time
- Your phone automatically receives UTC time from GPS satellites. The first time you use your phone, you will be prompted to select a language from the list, followed by the option to select your local time. When completed, local time will be displayed on the status bar. • You will need to reset the time when you travel to different time zones. The Date and time menu lets you change the date and time format.
Setting the time
- Select Menu > Extras > Date and time > Time settings
Setting the date
- Select Menu > Extras > Date and time > Date settings
Setting the time zone
- You may wish to change the local time zone on your phone if you move to a new location or if your new phone is not displaying the correct time zone.
Setting the local time zone
Select Menu > Extras >World time. The world time map appears. Select Options > Select > Local time zone. Use the navigation keys to highlight the required time zone and press Select.
Setting the remote time zone
- Select Menu > Extras >World time. Select Options > Select remote time zone. Use the navigation keys to highlight the required time zone and press Select.
Please sign in to leave a comment.